20 August 2007

prayer request

This time we are asking for your prayers for someone else...

Many of you have heard that Brad's Aunt Linda was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Aunt Linda is a young, healthy, active mother of 5 (the oldest is in college, the youngest is 13-ish). She's never been a smoker and we aren't aware of a family history of this sort of thing. So its pretty much been a shocker for them and as a result a ripple effect for the rest of the family.

When you think of it in the days and weeks to come, please pray for Aunt Linda and Uncle David and thier children. My heart is especially heavy for Uncle David as he is the rock and anchor for his family. Please pray that God would meet his needs, physically and spiritually; that men would rise up around him and lift him in prayer. They have a strong faith which is evidenced in this portion of an email we recently recieved from them:


David & I had read this morning Psalm 143 and I loved verses 8-11 and wanted to share them with you.
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Showme the way I should to, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will for you ARE my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousnesss, bring me out of trouble."

We appreciate your prayers for Brad's grandparents, Charles & Irena, as well as his parents, Dennis & Cindy. We are praying that the bulk of encouragement is directly from scripture as it is unchanging and unfailing...to stand on God's Word, which cannot be shaken is the best way to stand.

Thanks! We will periodically update you on their progress. They are in the very early stages of this journey...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amanda for taking time to share not only this but your lives ...we love you all
    Dad L

    ReplyDelete