07 September 2007

EWWWWWWWWW

So we came home from the doctor and this thing was waiting by the front door. I thought for sure it was dead because it had the curled up leg look about it (anyone that has ever sprayed a spider with poison and then waited to know for sure that it was dead knows exactly what I am talking about). BUT, just to be safe I sprayed him...and it moved A LOT. So I sprayed it again...and again...
I decided to take a picture of it because it was so big, and then I kind of wanted to put it in a bag to show Brad to see if it is a brown recluse or not. But, when I touched it with the dust pan it stretched its legs again EWWWWW... You can see how far it moved from one pic to the next. I then covered it with more poison, hence the freshly-fallen-snow-look. As I type, I feel like there are spiders on my toes...
Perhaps the worst part about it is that I had a nightmare about a HUGE spider jumping out of a lamp at Muskoka. It was the kind of startling turn of events that wakes you from sleep and prevents you from rolling over and falling back to sleep quickly. But, then when you do fall asleep, you find yourself back in the dream. Good grief! In my dream, my great Uncle Dick was trying to kill the spider, so if he shows up sometime, I am really going to freak out. (I told Wilson, Brad and my mom about this dream prior to the arrival of the spider above.)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I want to know who wrote something on here and then deleted it. I know Amanda that the spider looks gigantic and that it probably could have carried Muskoka off if you hadn't intervened in time! I'm wondering though if you might not have been able to teach it some tricks and make some money off a trained spider.....hmmmm another way to make money from home....alright so I can joke a little since you know how petrified I am of the little rodents that live around the country! Keep being brave and protecting your family from the eight legged enemies!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it may have been Uncle Dick that deleted the comment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPS! sorry it was me! I made a few spelling errors and deleted it, then didn't have time to rewrite it! Sorry for the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured it was something like that, but it was much more fun to blame it on my Uncle Dick! That is one thing I hate about blogger, you can't edit your comment and then if you don't have time to fix it, it seems so mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I hate spiders. Worse though are ear wigs.... I'm shuttering just thinking about them. Isn't wierd how random people show up in your dreams. I just had a dream last night about Jan Marie my water aerobics instructor... in the dream she was like a long lost friend and I gave her a huge hug and I told her all about jack and I was kind of hurt because she seemed a little standoffish, it was so strange! Rene

    ReplyDelete