25 September 2007

mononucleosis...

Wilson tested positive for mono. We found out this afternoon. He is still in the hospital, and Brad is with him tonight. He has been eating a bit and drinking as well. So, we are hoping that they will release him tomorrow. They had wanted to keep him because of the fever, but now that they know the cause, he will hopefully come home.

He is uncomfortable, his poor arm is wrapped into a splint to protect the IV site. But, he is a trooper. He was happy to see Walker briefly this evening. It was so sad to see him wave good-bye to his brother while he was sitting on his hospital bed. I tried really hard not to cry so Brad wouldn't have to console me before I left. (And I was successful, so unusual for me!) It was just one of those moments. I kind of flashed back to when Walker was born and Wilson was totally fine leaving him at the hospital but didn't understand why I would stay.

Well, its late, I am tired and my job tonight is to rest well so I can take over for Brad at the hospital in the morning. We are hoping, hoping, hoping for an early release. I know I am a bit relieved about the Mono diagnosis. It was so eerily similar to when Walker was sick in July and the doctor said that could be what Walker had as well (and one doc that we saw the week after Walker was sick thought that might have been what it was...we just haven't seen the tests or results from his visit--don't get me started on that one--

Our friends have been fantastic and we are so thankful for all the prayers and the phone calls this week. Someone is bringing dinner tomorrow so its nice to NOT have to think about that...

good night and thanks again for praying for all of us, we appreciate it deeply

3 comments:

  1. What a relief to at least know what was making Big Willie sick. Hey, have you guys been letting him kiss girls? You know Mono is called "the kissing disease"...

    (I know it's terrible to have a sick child, and thought that might make you laugh, or at least smile a little...our prayers are with you all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to figure out if it was his Sunday School sweetheart, Rachel; his dance partner, Olivia; or his friend's younger sister, Kelsay... hmmm...

    The real culprit is most likely his little brother that chews on carts, high chair seat belts and anything else he finds on the floor or elsewhere...

    Thanks for your prayers, and the smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he's quite the ladies' man! Is Big Willie trying to move in on Ande's title of "Love Doctor"? (That's what all the guys we used to work with called Ande, because pretty much all the women at work liked him) :)

    ReplyDelete