27 November 2007

I almost forgot...

FedEx is teaming up with some Christmas tree farmers to donate Trees for Troops. This will be the first year they are at our post. We signed up to reserve a tree for our family. Then we began making a list of stuff to go with our tree. Today I hit the jackpot when I found a tree stand at the thrift store for $3 and four bags of white lights at the Soldier's Closet for free. We were sort of leaning toward colored lights, but free is hard to argue with! And, I am going to try really hard to make a tree skirt with some flannel that Mom sent me... YIPPEE! We pick up our tree next Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of the tree skirt....I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo on your facebook! love the sweaters too! Man, is that dog huge or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys. I haven't had a real tree since I was a kid, and there is nothing like the smell of evergreen to flavor your home. I am with your mom, make sure you snap a few phots and post.

    ReplyDelete