03 December 2007

in case you were wondering...

Our church wrapped up their stewardship campaign. God provided a way for us to give without backing up on the commitment we have already made toward becoming debt-free (owe no one anything except to love one another... romans 13:8). Quite honestly the budget we set last February is tight. We have been blessed greatly, don't get me wrong, but its tight. More than once I have been at the grocery store writing the price of EVERY item that goes in the cart, just to make sure I don't go over the amount of cash that I have with me. We've not lived extravagantly by any stretch of the imagination, but we are living well and with quite a bit of peace. I wondered where to cut our budget, where to find a few extra dollars so we could participate with the body of believers that we have been called to. Well, God had another plan. Again, no big $10,000 check in the mail. Instead the timing of Brad's two-year raise corresponded with the wrap-up of our campaign at church. There is our offering. Not only did God provide a gift for us to give, He also spoke words of encouragement to my soul..."keep going, I will provide for you, you are doing well, and I am pleased." What a treasure! Another Memorial Stone to mark our way. Another reminder of His faithfulness. Our pastor said it well when he said that we are not giving to a building, we are giving to God.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, I'm very proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome to see God work at all the right times? He's surely blessed your family for it's faithfulness, and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete