21 January 2008

more museum...

one part of the museum was a replica of Main St in a turn of the century town...the US Marshal had a holding cell in the back room... Wilson made quick work of locking up his brother... ...and though you can't tell from the picture below, Walker didn't want to come out. I am thinking of building one of these in the garage...seems more effective than the naughty chair!
I just think they both look too stinkin adorable in this one...
Dad and Wilson are out for a walk right now. Its sunny and chilly, but not windy today. Walker is sleeping, he's worn out from playing at Bible study---without biting!! Woo-hoo!!! Let me just spend a minute telling you about how thankful I am that I found the bible study here on post. I have met some pretty phenomenal ladies and have been blessed greatly. I won't ramble on about them, but I'll just say this...today we sang, "He Knows My Name." It is a wonderful song anytime, but today I was filled with peace as I sang it with these Army wives. You could hear some sniffles around the room as some of us sang through tears; some with husbands that are deployed, some that will soon be deployed and yet we all have peace in knowing our Father.
I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hand
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call
What an amazing confidence that settles into your very soul...before even time began...He knew my husband would enlist in the Army during a time of war. He knew we would willingly sign up for long separations. And while it is a tough concept for me to understand at times...and harder still, I am sure for most of you... He will carry us through. He already knows the number of tears I will cry when Brad is gone. He already knows how often I will ask Him to hold me when I feel I am unable to make it. Thank God He knows my name!

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are cute. Maybe you could just "crate" Walker. He'd probably like it. Hopefully you guys will get some decent weather this weekend. Have fun!!! Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend.... you are so wonderful at this blog thing. God has given you peace because you are His child and He will provide for you while Brad is with you and while he is deployed. Look at the group of godly women He is placing you with right now. I am not going to tell that you won't shed tears, but know that Your Heavenly Father will comfort you. I am not going to tell you that it will be easy....lean on the people that God had provided for you. I am going to tell you that you are a very strong, godly woman and He does know all and He wants to know all. He will not give you more than you can handle... God has called you to be an Army wife... He will see you through. I am glad that I can be a part of this chapter in your family's life. You are such a blessing to me.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are just the cutest! Where do you find the time to blog? I would love to do this but I think it would just be another thing to keep me from cleaning the house!!! :-) I can't wait to see you guys again!
    Jenn Polliard

    ReplyDelete