24 March 2008

let's go fly a kite...

Wilson got a kite for Easter, and was eager to try it out today. We live in the perfect state for kite-flying as it is ALWAYS windy here...or so it seems!I love how Walker is aimlessly running around!
Best $1.oo I ever spent!
helping big brother get that thing airborne again!

here's a little video, you can hear the wind. I think Wil did quite well for it being his first time!(well maybe he tried at the Beach, did he Mom?)


video
And I can't help but respond to a comment Destini left, about us still celebrating (Easter) rather than mourning our time apart. Thank you for the encouragement, a lot of that decision is based on a quote by Elisabeth Elliot that I adopted LONG before I knew Brad...and I remember sending that quote to him while he was in training. You see, Elisabeth and Jim Elliot had a long courtship that was recorded through their journals and letters to one another...
and during a "waiting time" one wrote to the other,
"Wherever you are, be ALL there."
And yes, that is how I choose to live. And by the power of the Holy Spirit in me, I am able to!
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait in hope."
Lamentations 3:22-24

4 comments:

  1. AMEN! Great words to live by! You are a great example to many. May you continue to be blessed for your faithfulness and diligence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great kite flying pictures! It's windy enough here to fly a kite today, but it's also about 30 degrees and snowing/raining. Yuck.

    Send me an email, and I will email you Ben & Tracy's email address back. I thought I had your email address, but I can't find it.

    juliekirby74@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the faith, sister. Your post was so encouraging.
    Much love to you and your kite flying sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great inspiration..."Wherever you are, be ALL there."

    ReplyDelete