03 March 2008

your prayers are greatly appreciated...

...especially as Brad's deployment day draws closer. I know so many of you have already been praying faithfully for us...it is evident in our everyday circumstances. We had a wonderful two weeks with Brad on leave. We didn't do anything spectacular, but each day was special and filled with treasured moments. I wouldn't change anything about it (except maybe cutting Muskoka's ear).

I have learned a lot in the year or so since the last time Brad deployed. I feel better prepared in many ways, but at the same time not prepared at all. Its tough to put into words and I am thankful that when I go to my Father, I don't have to use words at all. I can say with confidence that His words are soothing my soul and lifting my head. I've said it before, but I just don't know how I would do this without my Father carrying me through.

I have been encouraged countless times in the last few days. Often in expected places, but sometimes in unexpected places as well. Like while the boys were watching Veggie Tales yesterday before church. It was a quick bit that just reminded me that God is more than able to meet my needs (and that there is a BIG difference between wants & needs). And then in Good Housekeeping (of all places) I found this paragraph that has encouraged me greatly...
  • Happiness is not about changing your circumstances but changing the eyes through which you view your circumstances.

I guess it encouraged me because it reminded me of James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." And as I face this trial, I do look forward to what will come of it...

Please continue to pray over us this last week (Brad is back to work today, and will leave probably early next week). Specifically pray for:

  1. The housework. It might seem silly, but if I slack off this week, it will seem insurmountable next week.
  2. Our emotions. Pray that they do not rule over us or sidetrack us from enjoying our time together.
  3. Our boys. Especially Wilson as he knows what is coming but doesn't quite understand how to 'deal.'
  4. Our rest. We all need good sleep this week as we get ready to say good-bye.

Our God has provided for us over and over and over again. Even today as I sat down to 'blog' about this; my friend, Jenn sent an email asking how to specifically pray for us this week and next. He continually amazes me, I am humbled to be His child. The God that created the entire universe, calls me His own..and promises to meet my every need - sufficiently. WOW!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Sis,

    So glad to catch up on your blog. I'll be praying for you. . . you are such an encouragement to me.

    And for the other blog entries, Muskoka will look herself again in a few days. All haircuts are better after a few days.

    Love you all,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and your family...thanks for including a specific list. I love to hear about how God has worked and continues to work in the lives of his children, it is so encouraging. I love the different ways that God reveals himself to us and encourages us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have a specific list of needs to pray for - not that God doesn't know what you need, but I think you know what I'm saying.

    Praying for peace and rest for all of you, as I know this can be a stressful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be praying for all of you. I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. Thanks for your sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually get to you through you mil's link...feel free to add me! Thanks for your encouragement. I've been trying to take my pictures in such a way that they tell the story with few words. It is really a challenge for me. Usually I just tend to snap away with no real focus of what I'm trying to capture. I'm still praying for you and your family as you prepare for the deployment.

    ReplyDelete