I have learned a lot in the year or so since the last time Brad deployed. I feel better prepared in many ways, but at the same time not prepared at all. Its tough to put into words and I am thankful that when I go to my Father, I don't have to use words at all. I can say with confidence that His words are soothing my soul and lifting my head. I've said it before, but I just don't know how I would do this without my Father carrying me through.
I have been encouraged countless times in the last few days. Often in expected places, but sometimes in unexpected places as well. Like while the boys were watching Veggie Tales yesterday before church. It was a quick bit that just reminded me that God is more than able to meet my needs (and that there is a BIG difference between wants & needs). And then in Good Housekeeping (of all places) I found this paragraph that has encouraged me greatly...
- Happiness is not about changing your circumstances but changing the eyes through which you view your circumstances.
I guess it encouraged me because it reminded me of James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." And as I face this trial, I do look forward to what will come of it...
Please continue to pray over us this last week (Brad is back to work today, and will leave probably early next week). Specifically pray for:
- The housework. It might seem silly, but if I slack off this week, it will seem insurmountable next week.
- Our emotions. Pray that they do not rule over us or sidetrack us from enjoying our time together.
- Our boys. Especially Wilson as he knows what is coming but doesn't quite understand how to 'deal.'
- Our rest. We all need good sleep this week as we get ready to say good-bye.
Our God has provided for us over and over and over again. Even today as I sat down to 'blog' about this; my friend, Jenn sent an email asking how to specifically pray for us this week and next. He continually amazes me, I am humbled to be His child. The God that created the entire universe, calls me His own..and promises to meet my every need - sufficiently. WOW!