02 April 2008

His way, not ours

Brad was unable to complete his PT test. He had some sort of cramp/pain in his hip while doing the sit-ups. He only got 11 done and stopped. When he called to tell me, he said his hip was still bothering him a little.

He will now be 'flagged.' He will have fewer privileges and will be doing remedial PT, so he will have less free time. He will not be going to the promotion board tomorrow.

He is very disappointed and apologized to me. I can clearly see that this is God's timetable and not ours. Its not like Brad completed his test and didn't pass, he had a cramp that he has never had before...and I don't doubt for a minute that there is a reason.

We appreciate your continued prayers. Brad will take another PT test in 3 weeks, and will then go to the promotion board next month. Please pray for him as he continues to study. These next three weeks will be long and challenging for Brad. For some reason, a high PT score is a big deal for a lot of the leadership over there. While Brad was here with us, he chose to spend his time here with us instead of at the gym. I will never wish he had done otherwise. I hope he will benefit physically during the extra PT and that his next test will be his best. But, more than that, I hope he (and I...and the rest of you for that matter) will clearly see and understand that His timing is always right, and he will not disappoint us.

"Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame." Isaiah 50:7

6 comments:

  1. Brad,
    Take care and know that God is right there with you. He will see you through this and on to his next challenge! Discouragement is hard to get over, but think of it as just another speed bump that comes up in your path. Some people try to go around them and take the easy way out instead of going over, but I know that you will look at this obstacle in your way and with God beside you will go right over it! You're in my prayers always.
    Love you,
    Mom Z
    Amanda, I know that Brad doesn't always read the comments, but I hope he does get a chance to see this one....just wanted him to know more quickly than mail arrives: I lift up my eyes to the hills- from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely "ditto" what your mom said in her comment. My heart goes out to both of you and know that I continue to go to the throne of God each day for you both. Its unfortunate, that we, as christians, listen to the little lies that satan quietly whispers to us instead of listening to the Words of God. Hold your head high, my son, you cannot be defeated because, "greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world (HOA)!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - although I can't even imagine how disappointed Brad must have been, what really touched me is that he APOLOGIZED to you. What a good husband, thinking of how YOU might feel!! (As if he needed to apologize, right?? I know you are SO proud of him and his willingness to serve.)

    This may be an opportunity for Brad to improve on areas he maybe wasn't quite ready for, so when he goes back before the board he'll be HIGHLY prepared...only God knows for sure.

    I'm still keeping you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I was praying for him. You know, God's timing is perfect. I sometimes have to picture how he sees the whole picture and I have a few dots to put together. Trust. Wow. The kiddos and I have been listening to the story about the Israelites. When it looked like God's way was just ridiculous and not going to work, Joshua trusted. Although this "time out" from what the plan was going to be is frustrating, I can't but believe that God is just revealing Himself in a bigger way. Keep trusting. What HE says is true. Keep standing on HIS truth and keep praying. Pray without ceasing.
    wish I could be there to HUG you..
    xoxo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is difficult to wait on the Lord, but so worth the effort. Harder yet is when your prayers are not answered in the manner in which you have prayed. God's timing is perfect. He already knows the ending of the story. I'm still praying for your strength and willingness to accept God's perfect timing and praise no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brad and Amanda, know that our prayers are with you. Love Dad and Sandy

    ReplyDelete