17 April 2008

not yet

Thank you for your prayers regarding Brad's PT test. Again the outcome was not as I had hoped, but Brad sounds like he has accepted it well. He did really well on the sit-ups and push-ups but had difficulty with the run as a result of his asthma...combined with the nearby burning trash. (Hopefully the Army can kindly ask the government officials to stop burning trash the next time Brad takes his PT test...I am kidding of course.) Obviously, our lives are in His hands, and though apart, we continue to seek and honor God together with our daily choices. I was thankful when I talked to Brad about his test that he did not sound discouraged at all. He will probably take another test in 11 days or so. I will certainly remind you all about it at that time. I am reminded again, that regardless of our circumstances, God is unchanged. My attitude needs to reflect that as well. Thank you for your continued prayers!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

8 comments:

  1. Your faith is amazing and contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that Brad must be a little disappointed. Tell him our prayers are with him. It's all in God's timing. Love Sandy P.S. But in the meantime does the Army test for steriod use??? Kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Sandy the Army does test for steriod use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers will continue to be that the Lord will use Brad to show others how to accept "his time". Understanding that God will give Brad the morning that is clear and air that is fresh on a day where his stamina is at it's peak, when the time is right. He knows when that day will be, and I know God will show Brad that day soon. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad, how did you know it was me! On a different note, know that you are in Carl's, Nathan's and my prayers daily. Love you Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I think Brad figured out that it was you from the part right before the P.S. "Love Sandy"

    just thought I'd tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, I didn't think I signed my name. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. its hard to understand why God allows or doesn't allow things in our lives. The waiting is the worst, yet from lots of personal experience there, we are where God wants us to be, reliant on Him. He wants us to want Him more than wanting what we think we need or just plain want. If that makes any sense? Funny too, because what I just blogged here goes right to my own heart and attitude. Brad you are continually being sharpened and refined in more ways than most of your soldier buddies. Its tough, the process sometimes stinks yet the rewards from being faithful, honest and willing are awesome!

    ReplyDelete