06 May 2008

seriously, Lance, watch out

After the weekend festivites, Wilson wanted to re-create the bike course on our driveway with sidewalk chalk. Gotta love the socks, he said, "I look like I am ready to go play soccer!" Gavin got a Coaster Car for his birthday while he and his mom, Nicole, were in Texas. The boys had such fun cruising around the driveway. Gavin's daddy, Aaron, is home from Iraq for R&R. I spoke with Nicole briefly and she said they are having a great time (of course). She did say Gavin won't let her do anything for him--like buckle him into the carseat--he says, "No, momma, Daddy do it!" If you think of it, pray that they have a wonderful visit together. I told Nicole I wouldn't call her for a few days--but I will have to briefly say "bye" before heading north!
Here are a couple shots of Wilson helping make soap for his teachers. Today was his last day (because he will be missing the last two weeks of school.)
Here is the finished product.

He has really enjoyed his TALK class, and his teachers are wonderful! I am praying that he will have as a good a time in Kindergarten. But, before that, we have a big trip to Michigan and a fun-filled summer... Even though in many ways, with Brad gone time seems to go s-l-o-w-l-y, yet in other ways, because we have kids, (and they are constantly growing and changing) the time still goes fast...you know? Kind of a weird contradiction, that I am not sure I can accurately explain...

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends; With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." 2 Peter 3:8

2 comments:

  1. The soap looked great, and the racing looks like it was a lot of fun...tomorrow will be a long day for me, getting everything all caught up so no one will even notice I'm gone for the next few days. I'm almost on my way to Oklia-home-i-a! yippee ki yi yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok Martha, how do you make soap? wow. that looks really cool...I am so glad you are heading north for some summer months...i am going to be in GR several times this summer/fall with megs wedding stuff and well just for lots of fun..maybe i could see you all? i would love to meet your little ones!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete