08 July 2008

gardening, mowing, EWWW, and painting...

some of you have asked, so here are a few shots of the garden... (the white powder is some organic cucumber beetle killer, Shannon is more earth-friendly than I, I personally ♥ insecticides, sorry earth)here is our lone tomato...well, there may be more, but this is the only one I photographedand a little artsy shot of one of our many sunflowers, they grow like crazy, one of the *professional* gardeners at The Plots (as I like to call them) planted a very tall variety all along the perimeter of their garden to provide shade...of course, they have like an 8-foot fence to keep the pesky deer away...Brad, I asked Wilson to take a few shots of the mower for you...he is such a man, he focused right in on the machine... this isn't the only picture without my head in it...here is another one, I thought I was going to be gardening this morning, but instead ended up mowing... please no critiques, I have been mocked while mowing already...
EWWWWW.... I noticed some black-shiny-specks-of-bugs by our front door last week. I swept, and sprayed (non-organic insecticide, sorry earth). Then I swept, and sprayed again. I finally called Housing yesterday to request a work order. When I was picking up poo from the back yard before mowing I found black trails of this... so I called Housing again today...only to be told they didn't know when someone would call to set up an appointment...as if I want my boys and my dog playing around these black-shiny-specks-of-unknown-bugs. EWWWWW! I had big plans to buy the most powerful insecticide (non-organic, naturally) to treat the entire yard again, because I already did once... But then a nice guy called and came today and sprayed the yard and the lower half of the exterior walls...I am sure his stuff was not organice...sorry earth! So, hopefully, the EWWW is over...
and finally, some painting... Faith's kids were over, so we busted out some paper and paints (actually squeezy paint pen things...very rad, Barbie, very rad) in the driveway...I didn't get any action shots, because four is twice as much as what I am used to, and the camera wasn't really ready...
but I did get a shot of the popsicle reward --once Faith returned and we enjoyed our iced coffee...

4 comments:

  1. The Clements Crew09 July, 2008 05:29

    I normally look at your blog in the AM, but I cheated and looked last night. I couldn't wait to see you mowing. I love the paintings.. I am so glad a little treasure(got to love the Dollar shop) would bring lots of fun. I love them all lined up eating popcicles. Any idea what the EWWWW bugs are????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet new mower - Brad did a good job picking it out for you! Did you get all hopped up on allergy meds before you mowed?

    You were cracking me up with your "sorry earth" remarks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the eeewwww bugs will be gone and just little eewww bug carcasses soon! :)

    Very nice mower, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that we have an Ansel Adams in the making...I'm really surprised none of the others commented on what great pictures Wilson took...he and I will have to go out and take a few on our next trip. I think you are doing a tremendous job with the mowing and having a lawnmower that "walks on it's own" has to be a lot better on those hot days down there! Hope the stuff the "really nice bug man" used was the kind that kills not just discourages and chases them to the neighbors!

    ReplyDelete