05 July 2008

land that I love....

we had an excellent day celebrating! Here is a shot of the boys at "I Love America" which is a free event hosted by two churches in Lawton (one being our church), this is the 2nd year for the event. And it draws a crowd...we went early to see the skydivers...we were not disappointed....extremely hot, but not disappointed...
next stop, the Clements house. I always do a bad job getting pictures there, mainly because I let the kids go and sit and chat...
Walker was REALLY into the salsa and chips, and then he abandoned the chips...
at least he doesn't "double dip"
and we ended the day watching fireworks from our front porch, well and listening to the end of the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert, (it was just over the hill and beyond the creek, so we could hear it pretty well, the fireworks followed the concert). I guess I know a couple more songs of his than I thought... a family from around the corner came over about 9:40 to watch the fireworks too, I don't know exactly what time they started, but I do know that the boys were up until 11:30pm! I finally figured out how to drink my morning coffee in solitude...Walker didn't wake up until nearly 10am! WOW!
like I said, it was a wonderful day to celebrate our freedom. many thanks to all those who have made it possible...of course, Brad had something to say about it on his blog too...

2 comments:

  1. Your church event looked like great fun! So glad you had great weather too. We got to bed late from the fireworks but, of course, my little ones didn't sleep in so long like yours! We did, however, get to watch a nice Christmas movie this morning! LOL Glad you all enjoyed your day and you were able to spend it with wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear kids laugh. Honestly, when I look at some of the pictures of the kids I feel like I can hear them laughing. It makes me feel so good. Love Meme

    ReplyDelete