03 July 2008

rainy day...

well technically, it was just a rainy afternoon, this morning was beautiful...but we planned to "swim" in the backyard after naps, and well, we had to abandon that plan...

thankfully, the package from Aunt Denine had these paint-your-own-wooden-model-airplane-kits that the boys couldn't wait to get their hands on... they are very serious painters...
with attention to detail...
I just love these little messy fingers
oh, and darn it, if my first grilling attempt was rained out...Brad your grill has survived for another day, and my recipe had alternate directions thankfully! (on a side note, yesterday was the first day since I have been back that I actually watered the yard...good thing...)
I finished one of my works-in-progress for the front door...thanks for the Hobby Lobby gift card leftovers, Mom!
Happy Fourth of July!

one more thing...
Let's bless our fellow Americans this July 4th by really implementing this plan...
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27
I mean, really, wouldn't that be a lovely place to live...
May God bless you this Independence Day, and may God continue to bless America!

2 comments:

  1. WOW your ground looks pretty saturated! Today we are blessed with a blue sky and sunshine and warmer temps! Have a wonderful 4th! WE miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look the kids have on their faces! That Aunt Denine comes through at just the right time! Glad you got to use the Hobby Lobby! Everything looked really great....you did good work on the rainy day too.

    ReplyDelete