04 August 2008

talk about extravagant...

has anyone ever asked you to write out a "Christmas List," you know, write down what you want... and have you ever snuck in a little something crazy, just to be funny? like a car, or an absurd amount of money??? For me, I think if someone gave me a Ghiradelli Factory for my backyard...that would be so. over. the. top. I would love it, but who would ever give that to me? I mean really?


However, I have been given a most extravagant gift by the Giver of all good gifts. My husband is so far beyond anything I could've ever asked for...more than any crazy long shot I could've prayed for. And God chose him just for me. He challenges me, and encourages me. He makes me feel like I am a great mom and wife. He listens to my endless questions when I am working on Bible studies, he talks me through my thoughts. He loves me when I am unlovely, he calms me when I waver. He is steady and strong. He finds his strength in the Lord and reminds me to do the same.


Seven years ago, I would've never guessed I would be in Oklahoma and he would in the horn of Africa on our anniversary... Never. But I would not trade this adventure for anything. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a man that follows Him. Our journey has not been a straight path, and there are parts of it that still confuse me; but I know Who leads us. I know Who we follow. I am sorry for the days that I have taken my gift for granted, and thankful for the days when I realize again the tremendous blessing my husband is.


Bradley, you are every bit God's best for me. I am thrilled to be called your wife. Know today, that I am remembering our vows, and you know I will curl up and watch our wedding video tonight (although I will watch it again with you on R&R if you want, I know how you love it). I love to wonder about what our future holds, and I know I can't begin to fathom the places our Father will take us. Thank you for trusting Him to lead us. Thank you for following Him and leading our family well. I am yours. Always and forever.

God is good, all the time.

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 corinthians 13:7

8 comments:

  1. The Clements Crew04 August, 2008 06:07

    Happy Anniversary Amanda and Brad. You both display your love for each other and your love for our Heavenly Father. Brad, thank you for sharing Amanda with us.... and Amanda thank you for being such a wonderful writer. You are blessing many people with the things that you share on your blog. You are truly an amazing couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you two, and I feel blessed to have both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRAD AND AMANDA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Barb says! What a touching blog. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my...so wonderful. happy anniversary...this post was incredible and i loved the picture...you look like a princess. :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you both!

    ReplyDelete