09 August 2008

weekend stuff

...thought I would show you the 'welcome' sign I added to our front door, a freebie from my first Uppercase Living order... isn't it...welcoming? the boys were riding bikes up & down the front walk this morning... Walker was waving a checkered flag yelling, "ready" and "go!" (while running...with his helmet on...)

he took a break to attempt to ride on the big boy bike
snack break... frozen go-gurts!
I don't think they understand what a tandem bike is... I know there must be some safety violations here, right Brad? Don't worry, they didn't move more than 3 inches like this, I just thought it was cute...
and finally, a shot of my new favorite craft project...anyone local, I would LOVE to make one for your kids, so fun, simple, CHEAP! (I had looked at ordering silhouettes online awhile back...way too pricey... why I didn't figure this out on my own is beyond me, it was so easy!) I found the steps on this blog...
Originally I was going to make them for the boys' bedroom, but then the blue matched our bedding so well, and when I went through my scrapbooking box (no, I don't scrapbook, the fact that I have a box devoted to scrapbooking stuff is the reason why I don't start, can you imagine how much I would have if I actually did scrapbook...oh my!) I found the perfect green paper with blue swirls!



7 comments:

  1. LOVE the silhouettes! You are so creative!!! You haven't gotten the Uppercase Living order in yet, have you??? Can't wait! Love the Welcome! I need to repaint my door before I put mine up! Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great silhouettes of the boys. I love those, always have. One year one of the kids teachers did that. I thought it was so cool. Never thought of freezing the go-gurt. I just might try it and we actually have some in the frig too! It won't be long and Walker will master riding the bike with training wheels. I love the shot of the two of them on the bike, thankfully Wilson didn't put Walker on the handle bars. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!

    Frozen go-gurts - who knew? What a great idea. I think that's a snack all 5 of the kids would like. (YEAH!!)

    And the silhouettes?!?! Wow, I'm glad you found that blog, so now we can all steal that lady's cool idea! I'm thinking CHRISTMAS...As a matter of fact, I just thought how cool it would be to make the pictures a little smaller and get one of those frames that holds 5 pictures, so they could all be in the same frame....uh-oh. I feel a project coming on!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I don’t know if the tandem is a safety violation or not, but it sure does look uncomfortable for Walker! I always get excited at seeing all the wonderful things you create. Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,

    If I remember correctly, you're the one who rode Wilson around in a Milk Crate in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bradley

    And Wilson loved it!!! Hope all is well. Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! Another craft to add to my list of things to do = ) At least this one would help me get something on my walls!

    ReplyDelete