01 September 2008

labor day weekend

after I got done mowing the backyard Saturday morning, Wilson got right to work at setting up the pool. He even got the hose twisted around the swing set just right to make the water slide... (we are high class round here folks), not to mention all the necessary swim gear for a 7 inch deep pool! 7 inches or not-- these boys giggled their little heads off!
splash down!
I loved Walker's face as he got closer to Wilson...
I should've taped it so you could hear the giggles... oh my...
of course, he had to wear the goggles... and didn't really want help getting them on either!
Saturday night we watched "The Water Horse" for our pizza picnic. They didn't actually sit like this the whole movie... (Gavin & Nicole joined us...we had pizza made out of pre-made frozen garlic bread...yum...simple!)
Then yesterday we had a cook-out/swim party with the Clements. The boys enjoyed the BIG pool too!
Some more than others...
and then the battery died on the camera I borrowed. It is now charging... (The geek squad hasn't gotten back with me on my application) Today was fun too, although we had to keep it low-key to get ready for another week of K!

Oh, and as much as it can be nailed down (he does still work for the army y'all) Brad's R&R will be at the end of this month for 18 days... EEEEEEEEEEE! GIDDY does not even begin to explain it... Not at all! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That might help, but probably not. Please, please, please, pray for us as we prepare for this time. Especially pray for Brad in the next few weeks, his days are long anyway... One more thing, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (high-pitch, possibly bordering on shrill...)


6 comments:

  1. I think my eardrums are bleeding...

    HOW AWESOME for you guys!! I know you are both probably counting down the minutes until he gets to come home for R&R.

    Praying the time coming up to (and including) the R&R will be blessed!

    (BTW - Loved the waterslide!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a very fun filled weekend! EEEEEEEEEEE! on the big guy coming home for R & R! I know you'll all have a great time...get those meals in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEEE! Just picture me jumping up and down with you! How awesome is that! Praying for safety as he travels home.

    I love the pictures of your water slide! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A POOL IS FUN NO MATTER HOW DEEP OR WIDE.....AND ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE POOL BUT ABOUT WHO YOU ARE PLAYING WITH. ISN'T IT AWESOME LISTENING TO YOUR KIDS LAUGHTER? I JUST LOVE THAT SOUND! GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO ENJOY SOME TIME WITH FRIENDS OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kinda hurts my ears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend of fellowship and the boys had great time in the water! How fun! Those boys are so cute! You are doing a great job with being a mother! The boys seem so happy.

    ReplyDelete