12 September 2008

ugly dumplings

I tried this recipe a few weeks ago from this blog. It worked so well that we knew we would have to do it again. Fun, simple, yum! What could be better? I tried to do step-by-step pictures for you, Barbie, but I missed some... (perhaps while Walker was putting my sunglasses in the microwave). Nonetheless, it is easy and kids dig it! This is all you need...


  • 1 tube of refrigerated biscuits

  • 1 apple or pear (or peach) chopped

  • 2 T sugar

  • 1/4 t cinnamon

  • 2 T cold butter, chopped into bits

  • 1 T melted butter

Ok, technically, we started with Pillsbury Recipe Creations dough because I had a coupon so it was cheap. We rolled it out and cut it into 8 equal parts. Then we flattened them out with a little flour on the hands and the counter to prevent sticking...


Next, you add 1T of chopped fruit to the center. Dot with butter...


Next sprinkle with the cinnamon & sugar mixture (notice how evenly the butter was dotted in this one...)


You fold them closed however you can. Use a bit of water to moisten if necessary... Then brush with the melted butter... (Oops, did I forget to tell you to grease your muffin pan?)Next, bake them at 375 for 11-13 minutesLet cool. Enjoy. Simple, easy, yummy... maybe not that healthy, but that's ok once in awhile, right? Oh, and besides microwaving my sunglasses (he didn't actually turn it on); Walker was eating peaches while we were making these... He got two off the counter, ate half of one - then put it in the fridge. The other one, he also ate half - then put it on the couch (eww).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics... I am very visual. Now, how am I suppose to get my computer into the kitchen??? Just kidding. I didn't realize that you were using "fresh" peaches... of course these are healthy. (More healthy than choc. chip cookies.) Have you tired canned peaches(I get the ones with no sugar)... also, can you throw one in the freezer and see how it freezes???? Maybe we could make those one day at OAMC. Did you like them better with crescent rolls or biscuits?? They look super yummy....
    W2 sure keeps you on your toes..he's sooooo cute. Glad he didn't microwave your new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walker is a trip and a half! I sure do hate missing all of the fun stuff he comes up with! Did I tell you I found a half chewed fruit snack in my suitcase....now I don't know for sure it was the little guy but.....! I love the blow by blow for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete