09 September 2008

uhm... wow!


Wilson got this letter today from an organization that is called Kids Serve 2. (Or something like that. I can't find a website via google). I didn't get all the words in the photo above (or the whole letter because Daddy would've certainly got on and blacked out our address again!), but you get the idea. I couldn't finish reading it aloud to Wilson the first time because I got too choked up...

Sometime after dinner and before bed, Wilson said, "I can't believe I got that. I thought Daddy was the only hero in our family. I didn't know I was too..."

I can't type the words here to express how I felt or how I even feel now. Blessed is all that comes to mind.

So I am going to set some time aside tomorrow to see if there is already a program like the idea I mentioned yesterday. All your feedback was great, and I know there are more people out there that would like to support the troops & their families. If there is a program that is already sending cards to spouses then I will link it here... No sense re-inventing the wheel. If you find something, you can let me know too. I am certain this idea was laid upon our hearts by our Father and His timing is always perfect! So exciting!

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:23-24

5 comments:

  1. I almost cried when you read the letter to me.... I definatley would have cried if I would have heard Wil say that. Let me know if you find the website to Kids Serve 2... I know a couple of others that would love it.
    You didn't hear about the clarinet b/c we haven't really talked this week....we missed one day at the gym and now, we have lots to catch up on. I would LOVE some ear plugs..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO AWESOME!! I cried when I read the letter. What a great idea, and big props to whoever came up with that idea. I can almost see how Big Willie must have looked saying what he did about being a hero...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you say serious goosebumps?! Awww...speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is PRECIOUS...wow. what a big deal. i can only imagine his face. i love the Christmas card idea and i would love to send some...you guys are always on my heart and in my prayers...your long days and prayerful nights.....you are a hero to me, my sister.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! I loved his response to the letter...very cool.

    ReplyDelete