14 October 2008

your prayers...

...are greatly appreciated this week (as always!!!) We are getting ready to say good-bye again. Our visit has been sweet and memorable and slow-paced and laid-back. We have enjoyed ourselves immensely! Thank you for praying for us during our reunion. Your prayers have been evident in our days! We continue to ask for prayers as our time draws to a close...

Brad leaves here Thursday afternoon. He will be flying to Dallas then London then Ethiopia. He has a long day-time layover in London and is hoping to do some sight-seeing while he is there. Please pray for safe travels for him.

Walker is getting his tonsils out next Tuesday (the 21st). We had the option of scheduling the surgery today, but Brad couldn't extend his leave time so we thought it best to wait until after he left. However, Walker will be spending 1-2 nights in the hospital, so we called in some reinforcements! Brad's grandparents will be travelling here to stay with us during the surgery and the recovery. They will be arriving in the next day or so... Please pray that they have safe travels on the road.

It will be good to have some moral support here when we take Brad to the airport. I cannot describe all the emotions that are involved in this kind of a good-bye. Difficult is an understatement as I am sure you can imagine. I am very thankful that our visit has been so sweet and that the boys have had such a wonderful time with their Daddy.

Please pray for peace for all of us. Pray for physical stamina. (My body rebels with these good-byes--headache & neck pain specifically. I try to combat it proactively and appreciate your prayers on my behalf.) Pray for wisdom as well.

We are confident that our Father is carrying us in His hands. We remain confident that He has called us to this difficult path. We have not wavered and we continue to trust Him to carry us through. In our weakness, He is strong. He is the one that makes it possible for us to say good-bye. Only through His strength could we do it.

"Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. But my righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul." Hebrews 10:35-39

Thank you for your prayers. I am sure I will return to more regularly scheduled blogging once I am alone in the evenings again =)

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you put your faith so unwaveringly in God and I know He is worthy of it. I know he will take care of Walker and Brad. I'm glad the gparents are coming to help with the situation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was from Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad, Amanda and boys. Know that you are in our prayers daily. If you need anything, extra back up, etc., let us know. We love you all, Dad and Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you'll have some support there with you at the airport, I wish I could be there in person, but my heart and prayers will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. . . . .every minute of every day. . . .

    ReplyDelete