03 November 2008

I voted...

...a few weeks ago - the same time Brad did. Of course, he had some issues with his absentee ballot, but he worked them all out. And I am quite certain that our votes will be counted...Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
Romans 13:1

I am not worried about this election. I do not have fear about either outcome. God is in control. He has the whole world in His hand. I know that may sound cliche, but I happen to believe it wholeheartedly. Our little election does not have Him worried. For a very interesting perspective, read this article. I ran across it on a blog last week.

And don't forget to vote!

p.s. the real bummer about absentee ballots is that I don't get a little sticker that says "I Voted."

p.p.s. We appreciate your prayers for Brad & the team he is with. He left Monday morning (Djibouti time) to head out to a remote location for the next 6 weeks or so. He will be in more rustic conditions than usual. Also, we are unsure about how the communication will be from there. It will most likely be limited. I have already noticed the absence of his phone call this morning, and the joy it brings to our day. Pray that he is well and safe, and that God will continue to grow and challenge us mightily.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about how God feels about this election. HE's not worried, and HE tells us in scripture that he will take care of us...

    At church last week, the pastor said, "No matter who wins the election, there is still only one KING in heaven".

    Keeping Brad in our prayers here, as well as the rest of his team. I know you and the boys must miss his calls terribly, and I pray also that the next several weeks fly by and that before you know it you will be able to talk to Brad on a fairly regular basis again.

    Sorry about your lack of an "I voted" sticker. That stinks. I mean, getting that sticker is the whole reason I vote!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am sorry you didn't get your sticker but if you go to Starbucks today, you can tell them that you voted and get a free coffee! Think of me and we will be having coffee together! Oh the discussions we would have right now! I miss you and am thinking of you. Hopefully the time that Brad is "remote" will go very quickly. These missions are certainly no fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was a sticker...but don't be jealous!

    I'm just glad we get to vote!

    ReplyDelete