17 November 2008

its official...

...I had no idea it would happen this fast though.

After only a handful of months at school, Wilson thinks he is smarter than me. I took for granted those times when he asked me EVERYthing... And fully believed I must know the answer to EVERY question.

But tonight at dinner, it happened.

We were discussing his school day over our soup (more on that tomorrow). He told me about Ms. Frost coloring a picture of a pilgrim and an indian. I may have been a bit distracted by the butter on Walker's nose during this conversation, but I was responding. He then told me that "They rode on the Mayflower." I nodded. Apparently, in an unconvincingly way, because he leaned over his bowl, and his eyes got wide. He looked at me boldly and declared, "It's a ship."

And there you have it. My son, the one that thought I knew why God gave him brown eyes and Walker blue ones, he thought I didn't know what the Mayflower was.

At least he hasn't reached the point where he wants to keep his new-found knowledge from me.

7 comments:

  1. That's HILARIOUS!!

    Unfortunately, as he gets older, you will get "dumber"

    At the beginning of the school year (or maybe it was the end of last year), Bubber was having a really hard time with an Algebra assignment. I showed him the steps to do it, and his response was, "Wow Mom, you're smarter than I thought you were."

    So there you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda seems to me he may be a little smarter than you. You didn't start explaining things to me until you were six...just kidding and don't worry I know he will want to share with you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny!!! i love it when they explain things....with "you know"....love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when Bren argued with me that his teacher was right and I was wrong. Don't remember what it was about, but those teachers get priority, I tell ya! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was there to see the butter and hear the story. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so smart. I knew this day was coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon. Too funny. Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! Amanda, I found your blog through Amy at Stinky Toes! We just did a Bad Day Survival Kit Swap, and she is a sweetheart! She recommended that I check out your blog as we, too, are a military family. My husband returned home last Christmas Eve after a 15 month deployment, and he was deployed for a year 11 months before that. If you need anything - other than of course lots of prayers I am sending your way - please let me know!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete