05 November 2008

A Reaction to the Election...

Can I just say that I am proud to be an American today??? A historic moment in our country's story is unfolding. I did not vote for Barack Obama. But I am moved by the milestone that we have surpassed, it is amazing! Anyone can achieve their dreams here, and yesterday's vote has proven that once again!

If you are shaking your head in disbelief, then - please, Please, PLEASE... Read this from Beth Moore today.

Click HERE.

Do not, under any circumstance, let prejudice creep into your heart. And if it is already there - get rid of it.

p.s. Regular posts to resume tonight - unless there is craziness in our home (which is ALWAYS a good possibility!) Oh, and I did get to talk to Brad briefly yesterday and chatted for about 2 minutes online last night. He was getting the election news there...

4 comments:

  1. I like the cut of your jib Amanda. This is such an amazing and monumental time. America is ready for change and this is going to be a big change. So many doors just opened for so many people. People who never had a role model to aspire to can now believe that they can acheive anything. It is time for racism to be put aside and for Americans to work together as one to heal the past and secure the future. It amazes me so much that Canadians have cared much more about this election than the one that we just had here a few weeks ago. This will not just impact America but all of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dislike of Obama is not because of his color or race. It is because he does not hold to the values that are dear to my heart. His values do not seem to line up with the Word of God.

    I hope and pray that America will move closer to God under his leadership, instead of farther away.

    Regardless of my feeligs, likes and dislikes, I DO put my trust in the Lord and know that He still reigns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. molly- "the cut of your jib" that must be Canadian because I had to read it a couple times =) I SO wish we could have coffee. We have many things to talk about.

    jenn - I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC had to explain the whole "cut of your jib" to me... ha ha. It drives me crazy that he seems to know just a little about everything! :-)

    ReplyDelete