16 December 2008

I almost forgot to tell you...

about our World Vision thing. We have had a lot going on around here the last few days, but I thought you would like to hear about our "Joy Jars" and what we decided to give... Wilson and I sat down Sunday night after dinner and looked at the Gift Catalog. He circled everything he would like to give - ranging from 10 fruit trees to art & music education supplies. His total well exceeded the $131 that we had collected, so I told him we would have to narrow it down. And he looked at me and said, "I really want to give them clean water." Talk about a heart-melter! I think we have definitely begun a new tradition in this family. (Oh, and Brad, you will be happy to know that I did NOT in any way try to convince him to choose to give $35 to the maximum impact fund so I could have the bracelet from Uganda. However, any of you reading that are wondering what you could get me for Christmas...)

Last night was a little crazy. I got the news about Aunt Linda via voicemail. So I had to make some phone calls. And its one of those events that naturally makes you want to speak to everyone you know & love... I was on the phone a good part of the evening. I don't think any of us ate a full serving of our chicken noodle soup. Wilson laid on the couch - very upset - most of the night. He is also fighting this cold, and isn't feeling well. Walker on the other hand - found my lip gloss again...
honestly, I do NOT wear make-up like this. I have no idea what makes him think this is how to apply it.... At least it brings a smile to my face!

4 comments:

  1. That Walker is always good for a laugh! Man, 2 yo boys are SOOO busy! I love to hear about Wilson's sweet heart. I know there's not much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Joy Jars, yeah Wilson good choices and hard ones to make. Deciding what to give is often the hardest part!

    I think Walker is just giving himself a facial with the gloss!

    Love you guys!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have to keep a journal with all the wonderful sayings of your kids because as you look over them someday they will, again, bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you all...wow. so hard during Christmas time....

    ReplyDelete