01 December 2008

joy

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

My friend's husband is leaving tomorrow. For a year. I am praying that I will be able to encourage her tomorrow and in the days and weeks to come. This is their first deployment; they have a 10 year old son. I offered to bring her dinner tomorrow night (because I learn well from the example of others, Barbie did this for us in March, and it was so helpful), but she said they might just come over here to eat with us. I told her I would just be on "stand-by" for whatever she needs tomorrow. Every family is different. Every wife has to grieve this lost time in their own way. My heart aches for the sorrow that we carry. And yet. Praise God, for "and yet" my faith is unshaken. My God is unchanged. He is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. He is good. He brings joy. He blesses me daily. I pray that I can pour out His blessings on those around me as well. If you think of it, pray for my friend Katie.

Here are a few pictures of some of the joyful moments around here today...

Walker snapped a few pictures tonight while I was cleaning up after dinner... I am thinking of selling a collection on Etsy called "O is for Ottoman." Just a thought... I like their little faces working intently together...

I love when they start their mornings playing together. They were pretending to be camping.

And finally, I can't even bring myself to imagine what size mice we have getting into our fridge and eating our cheese... just look at this!

hee hee. I know who it was, because he is still pretty good about telling on himself. After the fact, of course.


5 comments:

  1. Now I wonder what little mouse that might be....did I talk to him on the phone last night?

    What is the picture he snapped in the first shot? Is that the butter dish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Cam & W2 conspiring behind our backs? I found 2 hotdog buns each with 1 bite in them!! Fun times, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment at the Lutz house. Walker is a little angel when he is at my house(heehee). Maybe I just don't tell you or photograph all that happens.

    He is eating cheese again today for lunch. He really likes cheese.

    We will be praying for Katie, her husband and their son. God will be with her throughout this deployment.

    You may not realize how many blessings you pour out onto others. You are a wonderful vessel for our Maker. Just being there for Katie and her knowing that you have made yourself available is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cheese pic. And how are your ornaments. I've lost track of how many Jack has broken. I had to make an emergency run to Target to get some shatter proof.

    My tree looks a little sadder, but I'm hoping for a happier mama and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously...you could be posting about Josh. It makes it so much easier to laugh at him when I see other people doing the same thing = )

    ReplyDelete