20 January 2009

what a day...

President Bush walked away graciously and with the same integrity that he led with over the past 8 years. I wonder what it will be like to wake up tomorrow without the burden on his shoulders anymore... You can write a message of thanks to President Bush at "I Thank W," click here. The site was a bit overloaded earlier this evening, but I finally got through.

Also, Beth Moore's LPM blog was hosting a day of prayer for our new President. You can click here to add your own prayer for the new first family. And if you don't click on over there, I hope you at least continue to pray for our leaders. Admittedly its a bit easier praying for someone you agree with, but biblically, I don't think that is a prerequisite.

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior. 1 Timothy 2:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment