16 February 2009

redneck...

...valentine's. That's right, we're Nascar fans. The kind that buy their valentine's two days later for half-off... JJ with his Jimme Johnson heart'o'chocolate cars... ...and of course, you know Wilson got a Dale Jr. tin.

I just could NOT pass these up at the commissary today. Thankfully I pryed myself away from the Hershey's Pot of Gold Caramel Pecan box for $1.85. I am still surprised that it didn't end up in my cart.


For those of you that hadn't heard, we paid off the last debt of ours last week. I am still processing it all. I look forward to celebrating this milestone with Brad in person. It has been a long journey. Really, a new path altogether, as we won't suddenly revert back to "the way things were..." I think the thing that most surprised me about this journey toward becoming debt-free was how discontent I used to be... there was ALWAYS a list of things in my head that I wanted... I was jealous when other people got 'breaks' or got what I wanted... I judged how other people spent their money. God has definitely worked some MAJOR changes in my life, and in my heart. I'll have to write a post about it, maybe my top five lessons or something... I know a burden that I can never fully understand has been lifted from my husband's shoulders. I am so grateful.

5 comments:

  1. the boys are getting so big! hey did any of the clothes work out? just curious. Hopefully you can use them if not pass them on, if you'd rather not get any more just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have had a hard time passing up the chocolate, too! Way to have some willpower!!

    I'm so excited for you both that you have all of your debt paid off. What a blessing to you both, I'm sure!

    I'm sure your celebration with Brad will be awesome...(and creatively frugal as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both... debt free is the way to be!!!!! I know that we have already told you that you have done a great job but one more time won't hurt. WAY TO GO!!

    The thing that I love is that you made this decision together.... and you completed the journey together. You both have made sacrifices to get where you are today but I am sure the sacrifices were well worth it. Some may not understand where you are and how you got there, but you will be a witness to many. It will take God to change their hearts as He did with you, but you and Brad can be the ones to plant the seeds.

    I am heppy to hear that you refrained from the $1.85 box of chocolates....those babies would have been in my cart and probably half eaten by the time I left the commissary(since it takes me 2 hrs. to shop). hee hee

    I love that a simple box of chocolates will bring a smile to your boys' faces like that.

    Now, I can post on my blog about you being debt free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo, yippee, $$$$$...you and Brad have done great, and I want Barbie to know that you have helped encourage a class here at the church. I have even had a question about whether you and Brad might be interested in doing a video talking about your acheivements. Way to go, and I am very proud of you two. God has truely blessed you both, and your boys by example will grow up with the knowledge that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute...and funny. I am a jimmy fan and my husband kevin is a jr. fan. we keep trying to get jack to say our favorite driver's name but deep down i know he'll go with daddy when he's old enough to choose.

    ReplyDelete