29 March 2009

march madness...

...in this case, I am actually talking about the absolutely CRAZY weather we have been having! So, I told you we had a tornado warning on Monday right? Well, I don't remember what the weather was like Tuesday (because that was like 6 days ago...) and Wednesday it was beautiful - so beautiful that I grilled a Flank Steak. And it turned out! But there were lots of leftovers, so Thursday I decided to make Philly Cheesesteaks... Walker liked 'em alright...

Wilson...not so much... I liked them too much and may or may not have eaten a little more than a serving...

On Friday, oh, it was crazy. We had a WINTER STORM WARNING! FOR REAL! I know; me neither. But its true...

Our PWOC Spring Retreat was supposed to be Friday evening and all day Saturday. The boys were going to have a weekend'o'fun at the Clements' house. But it all got cancelled. Here is a picture of the boys braving the snow as it came down Friday evening...
Sadly, none of the snowflakes showed up in the picture. We did get a dusting of snow Saturday morning and it was C-H-I-L-L-Y. The boys and I adjusted our plans (some had a harder time with that than others... p.s. the Clements would've totally taken the boys anyway, but I just wanted to hunker down with them and wait for the snow to come...or something).


One drawback to my strict meal-planning-policy-followed-by-grocery-list-making, is that when there is a WINTER STORM WARNING on a weekend when I thought I would be eating elsewhere and so would the boys... there are not many options on hand. For some reason I had a crazy craving for KFC Friday night, so we rushed out before the snow came and got dinner there... but Saturday we stuck with our pizza plans, we made Grands' work for our crust...
the boys had fun making them... and for some reason, them in the kitchen (helping, not begging for snacks...) is actually really soothing for me. We had to really skimp on the mozzarella, because I didn't buy a new bag and someone snacks on cheese most days...

On a basketball note - Brad and I got to watch the 2nd half of both State games together this weekend. It was such fun! Of course, I was 5 seconds behind him because of our satellite, but it was fun nonetheless. Wilson also got into the games. Sadly we have not recovered his windbreaker that was left behind on the bus Monday... and now that MSU is headed to the Final Four, we might never get it back.... Oh the drama! I am hoping that MSU playing in the Final Four in Detroit will turn Michigan around. I told Brad this has the makings for a movie...

Maybe I will post more frequently this week. Maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. And there I was, not calling, not looking at the blog cuz I knew you were gone all weekend....oh well it sure looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty soon they'll be making dinner all by themselves for you. Wilson is so funny, he's so readable. Walker looks like he's getting some curl in his hair. They are getting so big. It's fun to watch them grow in the pictures, but it would be fun to watch then grow here too. Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete