30 March 2009

so so so excited...

...not nearly as excited as I will be in June, but still. Excited nonetheless.

My cousins, Lindsay and Ari, are coming to visit for a quick trip! They will be here Friday. What fun! I have to finish some sewing projects so I can make room in the office for the pull-out sofa.

We are feeling the fatigue from this deployment. All of us in different ways. I asked the ladies in my bible study group to please, please, please pray for me because I am tired. One of the ladies said as she was praying, "Lord, please just give her something to brighten her days..." I thought that was so sweet. Then Sunday night, my Aunt Lyla called to work out some details. I think we are all pretty excited...(except for maybe Lindsay's husband, Marvin!) This is definitely a day-brightener!

The other day when we were walking home from the bus stop, Wilson said, "I wish one of my grandparents or great-grandparents were here so we could have some company." That boy sure can grip a heart! I reminded him that Yaya is coming in May, but that still seemed far off to him, I think. Now he keeps telling me the countdown on how many days until Ari comes... and we've only known for two days.

Sometimes I feel so spoiled!

-------

On the way in to the commissary today, I was carrying Walker and I whispered in his ear, "I sure do love you Walker!" And I am pretty sure he said, "I love you too, Momma."

A few seconds went by and he added, "But Miss Barbie is my girl." I asked him, "Miss Barbie is your girl?"

Walker replies, "Yes, and Miss Barbie is Wilson's girl too."

4 comments:

  1. outta the mouth of babes. . . .at least you know that when they are with her they are totally loved and cared for and its evident by how he speaks of her! God always blesses with special friends when family isn't near to fill the gap! You are blessed!

    Maybe just maybe sometime we can head your way for a visit! I am praying to that end! if not OK maybe GA!

    Enjoy your visit with Lindsey and Ari! nothing like having a countdown to make life more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we ever get the chance to come visit Ben & Tracy, we will certainly have to stop in and visit with you all as well!! I'd love to see you and the boys again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've got the company coming! Yeah!!! Wish I could come sooner and stay longer, but I know you really will have a ball with Lindsay and Ari! George is going to have some surgery on his hand this month, and I was kinda hoping he would be off long enough to come too...we'll just have to see!

    I knew there was a reason I was jealous of Miss Barbie...she is so lucky to be "the Girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of Lindsay, Ari and Miss Barbie.

    ReplyDelete