18 April 2009

MOMC Activity

MOMC? you ask... Month of the Military Child. April. Dedicated to the military child. Filled with activities to celebrate these little guys (and gals) that go through SO much just because of the job their parent(s) chose. Growing up away from grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... Moving every few years... Being away from one (or both) parents for extended periods of time... Yeah, I think they deserve to be celebrated. But I am a little partial.


Today we got to go to a Disney Magical Dreams Brunch. We had to choose a character to sit with when we picked up our tickets last month and for some reason Walker chose Peter Pan...
And I must admit, they looked pretty cute in their Peter Pan hats...

There were a couple ladies from PWOC with their kids at my table and it took the boys all of five seconds to decide to use those feathers as swords...
We ALL got in the spirit...
And the boys with Mr. Pan himself... I was pretty surprised that they were willing to pose with him
Toward the end, Walker had to show Peter Pan his goodie bag. And he also tapped him on the arm and said, "I watch you on TV." And Peter Pan - bless his heart- knelt down and said, "I wondered if anyone watched my show." (We did watch Peter Pan last week for Saturday pizza & movie night.)


Here is a picture of the centerpiece and all the goodie bags. I think there were 8 characters altogether throughout the room. (Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Tinkerbell, Jack Sparrow, Buzz Lightyear, and Mr. Incredible.... still surprised Walker picked Peter Pan... each character's tables had different goodie bags with all kinds of fun stuff!)
We had a great time. The boys had fun with their friends, and it was very well done. I was glad that we were able to participate and thankful that the military is honoring these special little kiddos! (They have events all month for all age groups, this just happens to be the first thing that we have done.)

5 comments:

  1. oh how cute! and what a great thing for the military to do! You know, you are so blessed! and we are so thankful that people around you have become extended family to you, and love on you and care for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is that! It seems like every year gets better as far as the military providing opportunities for family. Disney even has that great special on at their parks this year. Glad to see that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great time! We've watched Peter Pan a few times around our house recently too!!

    I LOVE that your "Peter Pan" didn't skip a beat with the "I was wondering if anyone watched my show" comment - that's awesome!

    Yes, military kids DO deserve a little celebrating from time to time - as do their parents!!

    YEAH for military moms & dads!!! Thanks for doing what you do for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I think it is great that these children are celebrated for their sacrifice! :)LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Times like that makes me wish my girl was little again.. I love to watch their faces when the characters are around. Logan was amazed when she saw all of the characters at Disneyland, Paris(of course they didn't speak English very well, but she didn't mind).

    Love the family pic.

    ReplyDelete