18 May 2009

PWOC finale!

Well, I know time is passing because PWOC is over for this year. My last official act as VP/Programs was this morning at the board meeting. It was such a privilege to serve God in this position with these wonderful women this year. So many lessons and treasures to ponder in my heart! I hope that Brad will be able to meet some of these ladies when he gets back... This first picture is me with my "Spiritual Mommas." They have blessed me greatly this year with encouragement, prayer, and wisdom. Diana is wearing the pink, and she was our prayer coordinator this year, she also worked on my Programs team. Sherry was the president this year. She and her husband will be moving to Georgia this summer, but not the same post that we are supposed to be moving to.
And this is Crystal. She was one of my roommates at the retreat I went to in Dallas last November. She will be the president for our PWOC next year. I am so excited for her and all the things God will do through her here at Fort Sill. By the way, she is the one that did all the leg work for the "Dear Army Families" Christmas Card project. She is really humble about it, but honestly, if left to me - it would've only been an idea. She made it happen.

Last Thursday was the last meeting for the year, also the last program - which was the installation of the new board. This picture is the outgoing board...
And these ladies are the incoming board...

I can't even begin to explain all of the blessings that I have received by participating in PWOC this year. My heart is overflowing with gratefulness.
My service at PWOC wouldn't have been possible without Brad's support and encouragement - imagine problem solving a women's event from thousands of miles away - he is a good man! Also, Barbie helped with childcare every single month so I could be single-minded in my purpose. I am truly blessed.
"Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude." Colossians2:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Everything looked great Amanda...of course those things around your necks are lovely! Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the fellowship and support of this group and really really glad that Barbie was there to help with W2!

    ReplyDelete