15 November 2009

this weekend... in review...

I got my sewing machine up and humming. She's a good girl, and bounced right back into action. Here is a before... and after... a little valance, nothing too fancy. I made a little dishmat to match, because I nearly-almost-always have a dish towel by my sink, loaded with the latest & greatest random assortment of plasticware that was dripping wet when I unloaded the dishwasher (or the pots & pans from dinner that shouldn't take up valuable dishwasher space...as documented above.)
I don't know if you can tell from the pics, but I picked a fabric to coordinate with our curtains in the dining room (that used to be in our last two living rooms). This picture was taken just before dinner...Koka always waits nearby in case someone drops some food on the floor!

This afternoon we went for a walk on the old-abandoned street we found adjacent to our neighborhood.

And I had to take a picture of the boys with all the colorful leaves surrounding them. I kept remarking about how wonderful it smelled on our walk. Weird, huh? It did smell delightful though.
This is what the boys have been doing with the majority of their free time. Playing with the legos they bought with their garage sale loot. Walker gets rather frustrated with them, but Wilson has been pretty patient building Walker various vehicles and what-not. (Which is abruptly followed with Walker groaning because pieces fall off and then Wilson usually gets sick of rebuilding... and we are still working out the kinks...but you can see in the picture, they are enjoying themselves...)


And I just had to share this. We've recently discovered that Walker is very literal. "Put your shoes by the front door..." I said after a trip to the playground. Later I noticed, he had indeed...
We have had a good weekend. God has been teaching me so much about His faithfulness, and also about how well He knows my heart. Remember we drove through this post on our way north this summer? And when we drove through, we only saw a smidgen of post, and all I could think was "Wow! Its so big!" But God reminded me this was where He wanted us. And I settled myself in with the thought that it would just be different... that I might not run into people I know as often as I did at Fort Sill (I rarely went to the commissary there without seeing a friend or two...) But funny thing, this week I went to Story Time at the Library with Walker on Tuesday - and Thursday at PWOC the lady sitting next to me had been at Story Time with us! And then in the class I picked, there was another military spouse that we had met at the first church we tried out. God knew my heart, and He reminded me that He can arrange encounters even in bigger places!
Oh, and we want back to "The Big Church" last night, because Brad had to work today. And we liked it again. Wilson got a hand-written post card in the mail from one of the teachers in his department. Once again, God reveals that He knows my doubting heart. And while its a bit humbling, its also so encouraging. He is so good. All the time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to come down and go on walks and play with legos! Can I put up the train to, or do you think Wilson will have that handled? I just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you all of your sewing ventures look great...you're doing a great job with that ole girl!

    ReplyDelete