13 January 2010

haiti...

it's hard to wrap your head around it.

and harder yet when your heart gets involved.

I don't have any wise words, or even coherent reflections tonight. All I can say is that when I start thinking about it, watching the news or reading online; I become queasy. I feel guilty that the poorest nation in our hemisphere never really weighed on my heart until today. I feel sorrow for those that are walking through the devastation. I keep praying, but its more or less just a quiet heart before God, because I don't even know where to begin asking... He knows though.

I told Walker about the earthquake at lunch, he said, "God will take care of them, just like when the bad guy came." I tried to explain that there wasn't a bad guy... he doesn't quite understand. Can I blame him? I don't quite understand either. At least He knows God will take care of them.

Keep praying.

2 comments:

  1. unreal! Remember the Soldans from Riverdale? Scott was engaged to a girl who just moved there a week ago, she runs an orphanage/medical clinic and they can't locate her! Our friend from college lost a little girl in the devastation, they were a month away from bringing her home, here, for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just awful what happened there, and definitely very very hard to even begin to understand it all.

    Definitely praying.

    ReplyDelete