08 February 2010

for inquiring minds...

Sunday Best

...I've gotten the question about church a number of times, so I thought I would give y'all an update all at once. We are still going to "The Big Church," which you can check out by clicking *here.* You might remember that we first decided to try it out because it had a Saturday evening service which works well for us on the weekends when Brad works on Sunday. I think we are settling in there pretty well.

After a couple weeks at "The Big Church" I was really ornery about going there again. Sort of pouting-on-the-inside. I had my eyes focused on a couple things that didn't sit well with me...running off a little list in my head... And as clear as can be, I heard, "don't be so self-centered." God and I had a little more in-depth conversation about that concept. But it basically ended with me understanding that this place might be it, and I might just miss it if I didn't open my eyes! Thank you, Lord, for your still small voice that can break through my pouting!

The boys really like their classes. Walker LOVES the pre-school worship time. He came out yesterday singing "where? down in my heart. where? down in my hear where? down in my heart. where? down in my heart..t... (on repeat, as is his style)." And after trying a couple, we are pretty happy with the Bible study group we go to on Sunday mornings. Its a topical study and right now the focus is parenting. The teacher is heavy on the dad being the leader in the family, and let me tell you, that is some refreshing teaching! The guys are doing a little men's weekend too. Low-cost, short-time-commitment, no frills, learning more about being men of valor. I am so thankful that we found a place for Brad to be with men that love the Lord. It is an answer to prayer, a gift beyond measure.

You can see Walker gives it a thumbs up...

I still very much feel like we are "new," but I am excited to see what God has in store for our family here.


6 comments:

  1. its the best feeling ever when you know your kids LOVE going to church and they come out singing and smiling! They are adorable in their sweaters too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great Amanda! Liking the church you go to is only made better by your kids LOVING it, and there being groups and activities that will strengthen you as a family. SO cool.

    That first pic of the boys - OH MY WORD do they look like they've each grown a foot since I saw them last summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I want to know where are my boys??? What have you done with them??? Oh my, how they have grown.

    I am happy to hear that you are liking the church. I can not wait to hear what God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big, not only does that describe your church but also those two little guys...when in the world did they start to look so grown up? I'm glad you've found a church...what is the study on parenting called? Sounds like you guys are really settling in...so my room must be ready for me all I have to do is get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is sometimes the change that is hard to deal with. We find it hard to like the new when we were happy and comfortable with the old. I am glad to hear that you are settling in Amanda. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can read your blog on my puter but can't comment for some stupid Java problem...so I've taken over Brendan's laptop!

    I can't believe how old your kids look in that first picture! Wil looks quite mature for his young age!

    Glad to hear about your church update. We've gone from big church to TINY church...funny how life changes!!!

    ReplyDelete