11 February 2010

little things

Koka got her hair cut...
because both the boys were wearing red, and the groomer gave Mussy red bows and a bandana; I thought we should have a picture. Brad took these. I love the bottom one =)
and finally, FINALLY, I got up the nerve to take some treats to one of our neighbors! I added a little note with my name and "Wilson's Mom" along with our phone number. They have a daughter in Wilson's class.

I've mentioned how much the tragedy in Haiti has been heavy in my heart. I have been going round and round with God about what my role here in GA has to do with what is happening there... and elsewhere (such as Africa) for that matter. I've been nearly overwhelmed with the sense that we are wealthy in this scenario. We -in America- are wealthy. And I believe God is still going to be working this out in my heart, in my mind, and in my soul. But meanwhile, He kept prodding me to love my neighbor. I kept fighting Him on it. For various reasons, but they were all just disobedience deep down. And while a plate of monster cookies didn't solve the world's problems, walking down the block did remind me that sometimes I just have to do the little things first. He is faithful and I trust Him to lead me well.

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
Mark 12:30-31


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "little child of mine" it is amazing how God keeps all of us connected...even the "little" things. This month Pastor gave our staff a reading assignment, and two books. The first is The Jesus Creed, by Scot McKnight, the second is a devotional for Lent called 40 days Living the Jesus Creed....the "Jesus Creed" is"Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength"(Deuteronomy 6:4-5)And Jesus adds a verse from Leviticus.19:18 The Second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these.He is talking, I pray I will be more open to listen. Love you and tell KoKa her hairstyling is outstanding she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, all the posts were by me, third time it actually went through the way I wanted it...I think my keyboard is against me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pics, those boys are so cute! Skoka looks good too.
    By that neighborly act of sharing love, your actions speak loudly, look who is watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spent time backing up all my pictures - I must say, I have more of your dog than your family!

    Glad you made it down to your neighbors! I'm sure the cookies made for immediate friends! Our hispanic neighbors often bring us the yummiest grilled meats while we usually send them sugary treats! It's been a good adventure!

    ReplyDelete