24 April 2010

its a heavy world...


...I first heard this song during the Help Haiti Live concert... a few months ago. I actually cried when I heard it (not an ugly cry, just a little cry). I can't begin to explain all of the reasons why I like this song - I mean, I could, but that would be a ridiculously long blog post.

So I will tell you this much, often when I find a new song I like, I google it. And I listen to it a few times repeatedly. (Kind of reminds me of my teen years, when I would listen to the radio for hours, hoping to hear my latest favorite song... tape in the cassette player, fingers on the record & play button... ready to capture that song for repeated playbacks... I know I am not the only that did this.)

So, from time to time in the last few weeks, I've googled, "Jars Headphones" and listened to my latest favorite song. And maybe hit "replay" once or twice here and there.

I didn't really realize how often I had done it until the other night when we were clearing the table after dinner. As Walker was putting a dish in the dishwasher, I noticed him singing, "Its a heavy world..." Kind of funny lyrics to hear from a 3 year old.

Since then, Brad has purchased it for me on iTunes. He's really nice like that.

1 comment:

  1. Love Jars of Clay!!!!

    Oh the memories of waiting for the favorite song to play on the radio and the hopes of capturing all of it on the cassette tape. The things our kids will never experience....

    I can just hear Walker singing.... what a sweet boy. And some say, our kids don't listen. Oh they sure do. What better for him to listen to.

    Brad is a geat hubby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete