22 June 2010

another birthday already??

{I will update about our trip, but I had to do a birthday post first...}

It was good to be home in time to celebrate Walker's birthday today. We unpacked and put away a lot of stuff last night, so we didn't have to do too much of that stuff today. I even found the birthday banner & hung it up last night after Walker went to bed. (yeah me!)Four years old. Already! Walker is such an adventurer... each day he awakes with such energy!
He loves to laugh, and you can't help but laugh with him. His smile is contagious... You can see he loved his little cake!
His face is expressive, and his eyes are always telling a story... He is so fun to watch when he opens gifts!
He was thrilled to get to go see Toy Story 3 on his big day. Thanks to Disney we got two free tickets and thanks to Kellogg's we got $5 free from the concession stand! Very exciting!
He is getting so big, often looking more like a boy and less like that baby I once held.
Oh how we adore him. He is such a special gift to us. Just look at that face! Can you tell he was excited about his very zhu-zhu pet?

Thank you, Lord, for this sweet, sweet boy.

10 comments:

  1. That is sweet. Thanks for sharing. What treasures you have!

    DJT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that a $20 I saw... I think there was over $30 there... That's more than I get! :)
    Save, Give, Spend says Ramsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how fast time flies when you are trying to savor each moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that kid is so cute! glad he had a GREAT birthday! I just love the expressions kids give when they open their gifts! so worth every penny spent on them too!! miss you guys see you in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a sweet boy. Miss him so much. I'm so thankful for the moments he let me hold him.
    love rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a sweet boy. Miss him so much. I'm so thankful for the moments he let me hold him.
    love rene

    ReplyDelete
  7. What GREAT pictures of his expressive little face!!! Looks like his day was totally RAD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWW!! Happy Birthday Walker!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe he is 4, but then I have a hard time believing you and Rene are in your thirties...oooooh did I say that outloud? I wish I was headed down to see you next week, but alas I am not! Love you and the beautiful way you share your stories on this blog and in your life....did you mention that Walker and Wilson are both "lovers" too....they sure know how to give great hugs...glad you passed that on to them!

    ReplyDelete