21 July 2010

all in all, it was a good day...

so early on in the summer I signed the boys up for "Kids Bowl Free" which is an awesome summer concept... every week I would get an email in my inbox that said my coupons were ready to print... and finally... FINALLY... late July and we hit up the local free alley with our coupons in hand... two free games = two happy boys...with some phenomenal bowling skillz... look at that form...
they really did have fun... the only thing we had to pay for was the shoe rental... bet you can't guess how much that was...
NINE DOLLARS! granted, that was the total for both boys, but are you kidding me? free bowling? we might head to the alley on-post if we go again. we can't use our "free" coupons there, but I think it might still be cheaper...

and, uh, I have no clue why Walker often looks at me like this when I say, "can I take your picture?"
one of the upsides to living away from family is that you get stuff in the mail... and well, isn't it a little fun if things come rolling in a few days after your birthday when you aren't really thinking too much about it? Wilson was so curious as to what was in this BIG box from Yaya... Walker was mighty curious too...
We wanted to go stargazing tonight, but there are a few final assembly touches that needed to wait for the condensation to clear out of the lenses... (from being in the heat all day then coming into the AC)...
Wilson can hardly wait and is trying to plan ahead about which night will be THE night for stargazing... little astronomer Lutz!
And all this stargazing talk has made me get this song stuck in my head... Light Up the Sky

3 comments:

  1. Great form in the bowling category...looks like you and Brad will have some competition when family bowling comes around.

    http://stardate.org/nightsky/weekly.php I really haven't put a link in this before, so I hope this works for you, a link for Wilson and Walker to find out what is good for the day...let me know what all gets to look at...can't wait to hear! Love you guys and keep the pictures coming...it's almost like being there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally when I saw it didn't work, I had to go find why! Now it will work! Night Sky then try this one too...really great for several things! Ology Now let's see if this works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun star gazing!!!

    Last year we did the FREE Bowling + parents pass ($25). We bought shoes for JC & Bren ($40) and mine from a thrift store ($5). But we bowled 10 or more times, making it seem reasonable. This year, I bought the parent pass and we've only gone twice. AND this year, we've rented shoes for Cam at $4 a pop! I think they raise their shoe price to cover the FREE part. And bowling shoes aren't so worth it when their feet grow every year!!! Unless you can find them used!

    ReplyDelete