15 July 2010

summer classics...

...and a little PWOC update... ok, really, by now - y'all know what PWOC is, right? Well the training I went to this weekend was super-duper. The theme for all of the PWOC's around the world is the same - "Shine in the Light of His Glory." Isn't that great? The key is for each local PWOC to figure out the best way to incorporate this theme for their target audience. We spent a lot of time praying and talking over the big things God has planned for this place at this time. Its such a privilege to be involved! Here's the theme artwork - cool, huh?On to the summer classics...

Here are a couple pictures of the boys swimming at the pool while they were with the Clements' family this weekend. Wilson gives the slide a thumbs up!
And Walker was swimming like a freak with this little thing on his back! I've never seen such a thing before... I had a slight freak-out for a moment when I was certain that he was "swimming out of his thing!" But then realized that no, he just likes swimming with his head underwater...
I am sure this won't be a surprise - the boys had a blast with the Clements. As always. And the drive is really not that bad. (Thank you, Jesus!)
And Mom, just because you asked...

Popsicle pictures.
You know its summer when...
... some frozen sugary liquid on a stick...
...and a nice little spot to sit...
...with the people you love the most...
...is just about the best thing you can imagine.
(the Popsicle pictures are in reverse order... you still get the idea though, right?)

3 comments:

  1. I just love how kids never tire of swimming and are game for it any where they go! I'm so glad you are blessed with special friends you can entrust your children too! a rare gift! I think every area needs a PWOC! I love how God expands our horizons and the venues He chooses to do it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the popsicle pics...I really would like to sit right there in between the two boys with
    the chance of having popsicle juice all over me too! Love the little glimpse of Miss Barbie's! I'm glad she's "not too far"! I'm just going to keep saying "see you soon" and maybe that will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a popsicle! Yum! I also want a pool!!! How much fun is that?! Fun summer times!

    ReplyDelete