24 November 2010

kitchen help

we did some baking this week... well, candy-making isn't really baking, but I just lumped it all together, ok? we made some caramels on Monday and we also made pie crusts. Yesterday we made some mini chocolate tartlets. I only made one pan of them because I am using my other pie crust for pumpkin pie today. I didn't think about halving the recipe for the filling, so there was a bowl-full of chocolate filling sitting on the counter... can you see Sir Sneakysneaksalot helping himself?He didn't mind getting caught either! I asked him how many times he had already done this, and he said, "Uh, I think three times."
This is a shot of the finished product. They are so-so in my opinion. I'll figure out a way to eat more of them, but I will use a different recipe for the filling next time.... probably Grandma Rose's chocolate pie recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Cute. Sir Sneaksalot. Very cute!

    Happy Thanksgiving to your family. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! I got that wrong! Sorry, Sir Sneakysneaksalot!

    ReplyDelete