07 March 2011

building; crazy socks; & add-on prayers

On Saturday, we took the boys to the Home Depot to build "something useful" as part of the Wolf Cubs achievement... Race Cars are useful, right? I think Thomas the Tank Engine would think they are useful. Very useful. The boys loved it...I can't for-the-life-of-me figure out why we haven't taken advantage of this free activity before. I have a feeling we'll be doing it again... Maybe the next project will be even more useful? Stay tuned.
This week Wilson's school is honoring Dr. Seuss. Today was crazy-sock-day... this is about as crazy as boys' socks get, I think. Wil wore jeans to school so he doubts anyone will even see them.

And this morning at breakfast, Walker said he "prayed in my head."

So, Wilson prayed for himself & me. After Wilson finished praying, Walker added something on, "and please help me not to sneak any candy from the candy bowl today."

Wilson and I both smiled.

(background: Last week Walker got out the step ladder so he could help himself to the candy bowl (on the top shelf, inside a cupboard.) I walked into the dining room, not aware that Walker was up on the counter and startled when I saw him moving, which made him jump and almost fall. He got busted after that.)

Later this morning, as I thought about Walker's little add-on-prayer, I thought about how often I neglect to ask God to help me avoid temptations. Such a simple, obvious thing to do; and I often don't.

So, I guess, in a round-about-sort-of-way, I'm glad Walker got into the candy bowl last week.

3 comments:

  1. That sweet tooth that Walker has reminds me of someone....hmmmm. Oh those little add on prayers are sometimes the best ones! I've noticed if I say a prayer when the thought comes into my head instead of waiting for "just the right time" things get a little easier...Thank you God for that!

    Love to see all the things you guys do and hope to get to do a few things with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boy cracks me up.... he is sure to keep you on your toes. I am thinking by the post from Yaya that Walker takes after you!?!?

    It is amazing how God will use even the littlest one to be a reminder to us. I too need to pray more for my temptations. Thanks Yaya for sharing... I will pray when it pops into my head rather than waiting for some "alone" time with Him.

    You write some good stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Walker could pray for Marvin not to sneak candy from the candy bowl too. I just bought a bag of fun size butterfingers yesterday and they are just about gone tonight.

    ReplyDelete