24 June 2011

birthday recap

Walker wanted to help make his own birthday cake. He picked chocolate, with chocolate frosting. I wanted to try the Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola Cake recipe, but he wanted to stick with a tried and true recipe - Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake. It is quite good, and I've made it twice and it has turned out twice - that's sayin' something.
Here's a little video of the cake-in-progress....


This might have something to do with why he likes to help. ;)
He still has a great-gift-opening-face...
Blowing out the candles... he started blowing as soon as we started singing...
Is it just me, or is he ridiculously adorable? {Oh, and wasn't it sweet that Wilson let him borrow the "#5" that Yaya had made him?}
He's especially fond of this puppet book from Meme and Grandpa Carl...
...but his favorite gift is the mircrophone. Oh boy!

3 comments:

  1. Yuppers he is one of the most adorable kids I have ever seen! And I have definately seen me a few....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW the microphone came just in time! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't 5 great!!!??? Now, was he singing your kiss is all I need???

    I just love that video of the boys jamming!

    ReplyDelete