22 June 2011

five years

Walker, my child, you are...

{vivacious}

{affectionate}

{opinionated}


{lighthearted}

{super}


...and a million other things.

You make me rethink things I never thought I needed too.

You just recently taught me that #3 in the bathroom refers to blowing your nose. And you stated it with such certainty - convincing both Wilson & I that perhaps the rest of the world already knew that.

Last night as we talked about how God helps during hard times, you took my breath away. At first you said, "He makes them go faster." Daddy said, "not always," and we remembered about how Daddy was deployed for 15 months and God didn't make that time go faster. We asked you and Wilson how God helped and you said, "He gave us peace."

Your initial birthday list - before your brother encouraged you to be more thorough - had three things on it:
1). Wilson not to read all day.
2). Matchbox cars to fill up the bathtub to the ceiling.
3). New brother or sister to be home.

Oh son, your heart is so incredible. I pray you will always have your own special way of looking at life. I pray you will let God use you in amazing ways to show His love and share His peace. And as you continue to grow and become more of a boy and less of a baby, I pray God will protect my heart so I can let you become the man you must be. You were made for God's glory, I pray I never stand in the way of that.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, you did a great job describing that boy...I can't put into words how individual and amazing all my grandson's are...each is so special in my eyes that I can understand how God can know each of us so well! How wonderful to have the chance to know each of the boys and watch them grow!

    Love to all, especially that birthday boy!

    Yaya....(fill the bathtub to the ceiling huh.....)

    ReplyDelete