26 July 2011

heavy is settling in

One of the missionaries that I worked with in the Gambia was walking along the beach Friday and collapsed. He awoke in Heaven and left his family reeling. Here is the complete article - click here.

My {former} neighbor's husband passed away last weekend, I found out while we were traveling back from NC. He too left behind a wife and four children. You can read about "Robbie" here.

The week that we went to NC, a friend's nephew died. Because of SIDS. Her sister put her healthy little bundle to bed and when she went to get him he was lifeless. No reason, no cause, just gone.

I have cried about all of these situations. I've sat staring into space and wondered about the "whys". And I've got nothing.

I know that there are horribly sad circumstances in abundance each day all over the world. I know that is true. But right now, these circumstances that my friends & acquaintances are walking through are weighing heavy on my heart. I don't know much how to pray, and I don't have many encouraging words to offer.

God created me with a tender heart that invites others' pain to come and dwell inside. Its uncomfortable, but its how He made me. I hope as I bear a bit of their pain that I learn more of our Father's goodness as well. I pray that I will be obedient to Him; to offer encouragement when he prompts me; to be quiet before Him on their behalf; to trust that His ways are not our ways. And as He turns the mourning in to dancing, I pray that I will acknowledge His faithfulness.

If you think of it and would like to pray for these families, I know it will be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the sorrow and burdens you are bearing right now. HE knows your heart and hears your cries. I will pray for the families and for your heart to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, Sorry I haven't been on in so long and I know that you have a heart that spreads to share in both the joy and sorrows of others. You are teaching both of your children that gift also and I appreciate that God saw fit to give you the wonderful gift of compassion. I know that the definition of compassion may only mention the sorrow, but when you look at the antonym you see "indifference" you dear are never that!....I believe that compassion shares the "feelings" of others...remember in this time of sorrow there is the promise of true joy...our sorrows are earthbound, our joys are not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I missed this post, other than a crazy whirlwind schedule. I am sorry about the losses your friends have experience, that you have experienced. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete