03 August 2011

c'mon get happy...

So, I know that last post was heavy. The upside to heavy things is that it reinforces the truth that this world is not our home. There's a song by Caedmon's Call called "This World" and for some reason, its my go-to song when there's a lot of heavy going on in the world around me. So, I've been listening to it a lot recently... But even in the midst of the heavy, and the knowledge that this world isn't home, God blesses with joy. I decided to snap some pre-back-to-school pictures of the boys today. I thought this here blog could use some happy today....

Here they are in their fort...cuties!
and here's big brother reading "Oh The Places You'll Go," I adore that book...
Walker showing Wilson his favorite part... "Kid, you'll move mountains!"
One more of Wilson reading - the quote on the side says "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero." I saw it on pinterest this morning and typed it up ;)
oh, and I love their faces in this one... I said "Pretend like you just got busted!"
Sure do love these two cuties.

They are both pretty excited for school to start. Tomorrow is the "Peek-In" at school. Thankfully, Wilson already knows his teacher! Looking forward to meeting Walker's teacher, been praying a lot for her! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love to get these pictures on the blog, they add to my "wall art" at work! It brightens my day when I look up and see them! I'm definately "happy" now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda! Such a great post. School starts soon? Whatcha gonna do with yourself with both boys gone in the mornings? ;-)

    ReplyDelete