04 August 2011

ten.

Ten years of walking beside each other.

Ten years of your powerful hand grasping mine and leading me to the new places God calls us.

Ten years of joy and also some sorrow.

Ten years of blessings too numerous to count.

Ten years of growing, learning, failing and forgiving.

Ten years! Sometimes people say, "it just keeps getting better." And I didn't really know how it could get better than what I felt on that hot, August day. And yet God has crafted our hearts together so intricately that I look back on that first day and think, that was just a smidgen of the love and respect that I feel now.

I always feel like I got the better end of this deal. Brad, you are a man of excellence. You seek Him first. You love me deeply. You are a wonderful daddy. You do your work with integrity. I could not ask for more.

Praying God gives us at least another 60 anniversaries to celebrate!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 10 fantastic years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said sister. I wasn't eager to "give" my sister away that day, but Brad has proven to be a wonderful man and we are all fortunate to count him family. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your decade of loving & growing!

    DJT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations on 10 years. Thank you for being an encouragement to me and others through your love and dedication. I admire you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete