03 February 2013

birthday boys!

Sweet, sweet boys. You are TWO! TWO! I had to say it twice because that's how shocking it is to me. The other day at Kohl's I said to your daddy, "I just wanna look at the baby clearance really quick." And he asked, "Why do you need to look at baby stuff?" I told him, just to see if there were any deals for the two of you. And you know what your daddy said to me? He said, "Well, I wouldn't call them babies!" What? I might still call you babies for awhile. Ok?
You two are just about as cute as can be for birthday boys.  You were truly delighted with your birthday shirts and banner.  The hats were a little on the annoying side - especially when the elastic got snapped - ouch!
Sweet Lincoln, you had to sneak a sample of the frosting before we could sing to you.  You are a seize-the-day kinda guy through and through.  You like to go, go, go and nine-times-out-of-ten you are thrilled with every, single, person that speaks to you.  Your laugh is contagious and you can easily get all of us laughing along with you with very little effort.  You love to give kisses to your family and toys alike... you even ask mommy & daddy to kiss some of your crib-mates.  Daddy isn't such a fan of this practice, but I don't think monkey, manatee, or your monster mind.  Your vocabulary is growing each day, especially words that name food or candy that you like.  And if we are having a hard time figuring out your new words, you say it slowly and loudly and you stare right at our faces.  You are determined.  Adorably so.

{momma has no clue what is up with the photo layout here}

You two were so cute with your cupcakes, intrigued that you both had two lit candles in front of you.  Within reach!  You did an excellent job blowing out your candles and an outstanding job eating those cupcakes!  Wilson did do some coaching alongside you.

You did really well unwrapping your presents... of course, you just had all that practice at Christmas.  Your big brothers "wrapped" your presents for you.  You didn't seem to mind the imperfections. 

Franklin, your sweetness is just pure sugar some days.  You are often "the shy one" but usually not after we tell people that.  You make some of THE funniest faces in the world.  And at just the right time.  Seriously, I think you have a great sense of humor even at age two, you seem to know just-the-right-time to say just-the-right-thing (or make just-the-right face).  You like to snuggle just a smidge more than Lincoln does and you have occasionally used this to your advantage at bed time.  Speaking of bedtime, your growing vocabulary is always evident right before bed.  You ask to "rock" or to snuggle on the "couch" or "pray" or "book" or I think last night you said, "song?"  You keep naming things until one hits the mark and pushes your bedtime back a few moments.  You are a smartie.  An adorable smartie.
I love this picture of all four of you playing with the new easel (and Mussy-ko-ko in the background).  This birthday has been so spectacular for us.  I know you won't remember a whole lot of it, but I think I am going to remember it for you.  Just a year ago, yesterday, we first met.  There were so many unknowns then.  Truthfully, the future always holds unknowns.  Thinking back to last year, I can remember so much of that day.  The excitement, the nervousness, the joy... it really isn't that different than when Wilson was born and I held him the first time.  I felt like I had no idea how to be a momma, but I was excited and nervous and joyful.  My heart grows fuller, babies, because of the blessings God has given us through the two of you.  {Yes, I said, babies!}  It has been a beautiful year of growing with you and I am thrilled to see what He has in store in the year to come.  God has answered our prayers in so many marvelous ways.  I trust He has good things in store for our family; just-right-things for us, for right-now.

"And Jesus answered saying to them:: Have faith in God.  Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.  Therefore, I say to you, all things which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."  Mark 11:22-24



2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to have these two in the family...Paupau loved hearing them talk today, and oh the laughter....can't wait til we can pass out hugs and kisses again love you Lincoln, love you Franklin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet post. It's been quite the journey for your family. So good to see the smiles this side of it!

    ReplyDelete