12 July 2013

five minute friday - present

I am doing the five-minute-friday thing again.I thought I would include the rules if you want to see them... its pretty simple!
 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


See? Simple!

Five Minute Friday 

Present.  GO:

This morning when I went out for my run, I didn't turn on a playlist.  It was just me, my heavy breathing, that lady from runkeeper periodically telling me how fast to run, and my prayers.

I prayed for a friend that is pregnant, in the at-risk-years; and she's weary.  I prayed for renewed energy and confidence.  I prayed she would sense His presence.

I prayed for a job for Brad.  Not just one that pays the bills, but one that floods his heart and challenges him everyday to seek God's presence more. 

I prayed for a courtdate with a little baby in the middle, and all of the hearts that will be impacted for a lifetime by the decision today.  I only know to believe that God is present there.

I prayed for housing for friends, and upcoming moves, and challenges that might measure small to some but are big when they are right in front of you.

I felt his presence as I ran around my little bitty neighborhood streets.  I know He heard these prayers and that He interceded in ways that I didn't know how.  It is refreshing to run in His presence even in the heat and humidity here.

He is always present.  Sometimes I just ignore Him.  I hate that.  I hope He continues to draw me closer.

{so much that I want to go back and edit here.  But I am following the rules anyway}

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was a runner. I'm a walker. And I usually end up stopping more than moving because I have to take a picture of something. I love how you entered His presence with prayer and prayed for Presence.

    (Here from FMF. Good to "meet" you, Amanda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! So fun to take pictures while you are out walking! I sometimes "find" reasons to walk during my run ;)

      Delete
  2. Blessings be upon you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! He is always pursuing you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbie! So thankful for His pursuit!

      Delete