28 March 2014

five minute friday :: mighty

 It's five minute friday again.  Here are my five minutes of words.  Click here if you'd like to join in with Lisa-Jo and her five minute friday community.

Five Minute Friday 
Start:

I am a thinker of thoughts.  When something happens I think about it a lot.

I'm praying for a dear friend this week.  She is in her 20th week of pregnancy.  She lost her previous two children at 19 weeks and 21 weeks.  I can barely wrap my thoughts around this.  How her heart longs to hope while also wonders if hoping is wise.  I pray that God is present in mighty ways, that He shows Himself to be mighty in the middle of these difficult moments.

I'm praying for Alyssa, too.  Continually.  She bravely keeps breathing each day.  Moment by moment she lives.  I can barely comprehend the weight of her hurt.  I know nothing else to do but share His words with her and pray for her so often.  So I beg our Mighty God to be near, to hold close, to carry through.  I beg Him to show a glimpse of His mighty glory and believe Him to give her enough wisdom, peace, strength, and courage to walk one more step, each day.

I'm praying for children in foster care, for the ones that are far away from the birth families through no fault of their own.  I pray that God would lean in to their lives and wrap His mighty arms around them.  I pray that He would rise up believers to not only love this children, but to stand in the mess and love their families too.  I am praying that He would lend His mighty power to the ones He calls so they can stand firm in the hard places.

Our world is broken.  Hurt abounds.  The weight of the hurt can sometimes feel too heavy, too much, too overwhelming.

While I am thinking all the thoughts, all I know to do is call out to the One who is Mighty.

[Stop!]

"Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of—infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."  Ephesians 3:20 (Living Bible)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm dropping by from FMF. I love your voice, and I love your written prayers! Our God truly IS mighty, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! I'm Kelly and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to read your post and pray along at the same time. My heart goes out to your dear friend. I pray that the Lord will just hold her and her dear sweet baby close. How wonderful to have a friend like you to request prayer as you have also for Alyssa and her family. I pray that the Lord will continue to provide for Alyss and her children. Praying for His supernatural strength.
    He certainly is mighty and so strong.
    I am dropping by from Five Minute Friday, and i am so glad that I have. You opened my heart in a fine way. A mighty way even. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete