31 January 2008

more grandpa & grandma g & some HOOAH news

We are having a good time with the 'greats' visiting. Here are a few shots from today...(Both boys were wearing more clothes earlier in the day)
Walker playing with Grandma G Walker trying to get a hold of Grandpa G's teeth!!!
Wilson and Grandpa G reading 'the word' (My First Message version)
After dinner snuggles and fun on the couch...just can't beat it!

some HOOAH news...

With an upcoming deployment, its important to look on the bright side, keep an eye out for blessings, stay positive, etc, etc. Today I had a meeting to see about extra childcare hours (at a free or reduced rate) so that I could work-out while Brad is gone. (We have a couple gyms here on post that are free, they just don't have childcare.) Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the following changes have been made for deployed family members and are effective on February 4.
  • 16 hours of free childcare, per child, per month (when he went to Afghanistan it was 5 hours)
  • 2 free team or individual sports per child ($30 value each)
  • 4 free instructional courses up to 8 weeks each ($35 value) (right now the only ones I know of are ballet...and the jury is still out on that)
  • reduced rate hourly care above the 16 hours per month
  • free registration (used to be $18 each annually)

Its good to know that the Army is working on the goal of taking care of their families. I am trying hard to do my part as well and am continually asking God to show me where He is working so I can join in. I am excited about the ministry opportunities ahead of me and as always appreciate ALL of the many, many prayers on our behalf!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome news! It's great when mamas can get out of the house and do some stuff for themselves, and for the boys, the sports and stuff will be great fun, I'm sure!!! YEAH for you!!

    Looks like G & G are having a good time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure that these child care providers are competent. I'm glad Grandpa and Grandma G are able to spend time with your family. Love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will be in my prayers! I can't imagine what it is like. We have a couple in our church who are young and just had their first child. He's in Afganastan and was able to come home to see his son for only a few weeks before heading back. We are trying to be an encouragement to both of them. I'm proud or our men who are willing to sacrafice!

    ReplyDelete